Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mortal Instruments?

In the New up coming movie "The Mortal Instruments" it did not have much critics rutting for it. The movie was from a book and because of that they said that only the people who had read the book will understand the story of the movie, and be interested with it. The movies about a young girl who lives in New York City and finds out that she is "from a long line of half-human and half-angel demon-killer",  and later has to rescue her mother.

This article is important to discuss because if some people were interested to watch, but didn't want to be disappointed on watching it after and have wasted their money on watching it, then this is what they should read to find out, just like me that is what I've wondered and I'm sure their are others. The impacted I got from this article as a teen is that not everybody has an interest from these kind of movies and not everybody will read the book before watching the movie.

As a future filmmaker it tells me that if your film doesn't get that much good reviews, or publicity it might not be as big as others. I wanted to know if the main actors got more publicity when and after doing this movie? Did you think of most of the ideas on your own or did you use exactly what has been said in the book for the film? 

4 comments:

  1. It's a shame that some people won't read the book that the movie is based on. The people who listen to the critics should also look into what the movie is about and maybe read the book before they decide whether or not they want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe if people truly want to know if the movie is worth watching then crack open the book and see for yourself and then they make their own decision not based on someone else's thoughts on a film

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, please, please proof read anything you post. If you are not sure show this to your english teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are tons of critics that rate a movie with low ratings but in the end it all depends on the public. I have read the book and I watched the movie during the weekend and in my opinion I liked it. Also not everyone has to read the book to understand the movie.

    ReplyDelete